Thursday 24 April 2014

Can't help falling in love!

Hi crafters,
This is my Wedding Anniversary card for hubby-we celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss on Monday! Can't believe it's been that long! Our first dance was to Elvis as I am a big fan, so when I saw this stencil recently at Port Sunlight, I had to have it!!
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but thanks to our last cardmaking workshop, when we played with distress inks, I knew what to do!
I inked the stencil with Antique Linen and Dusty Concord, then stamped a swirl around the edges and embossed it with some holographic embossing powder. Bit different but I'm really pleased with how it turned out!
I added some music notes and ribbon, embossed the background and printed out some words from the song we danced to lol.
I'd like to enter this card in the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Crafting From The Heart.
I hope hubby likes it!
Thanks for looking,
Hugs, Karen xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Karen! Many congratulations on your 19th wedding anniversary! Me and hubby will have been together for 19 years next month, it just took us a while to get hitched!
    Love the Elvis card you made and glad you got inspiration from our inky class!
    See you Saturday! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I am a big Elvis fan so this is just fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete